From: Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa <joaquim.uchoa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New ATI proprietary driver
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:53:22
1 I have a HP Pavilion ZV6000 with a ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE).
2 I can chose to use dedicated memory or shared memory or both. If I choose
3 dedicated memory (or both), I can't use the proprietary driver if I load the
4 fglrx module and try to use DRI. If try to do this, X turns blanks. In
5 the logs I see clearly
6 that X cant find memory.
7
8 This doesn't occurs whit disabled DRI or without fglrx module. And
9 it's ok with shared
10 memory (but the performance isn't good).
11
12 The free driver doesn't suport DRI yet, so I have to use Xorg OpenGL
13 emulation. But, at
14 least I can use the dedicated memory.
15
16 I'm stil waiting for a better solution, independent if with
17 proprietary or free driver.