From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Unable to execute binary files on CLI
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:52:06
1 On Thursday 13 November 2008, Tonko Mulder wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > for some reason I'm unable to execute binary files and script files
5 > (e.g. bash/sh/python).
6 > If I put the interpreter in front of the shell script then I'm able to
7 > execute the file, but I'm unable to run it as one would normal run it.
8 >
9 > tonko@Gaius ~/ib2007/bin $ file ib2007ux
10 > ib2007ux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
11 > dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, stripped
12 > tonko@Gaius ~/ib2007/bin $ ./ib2007ux
13 > -bash: ./ib2007ux: Access denied
14 >
15 do you have support for 32bit exes in your kernel?