From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge system set list
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 06:03:11
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
> Daiajo Tibdixious posted on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:52:15 +1000 as excerpted: > >> I forgot about the dependent packages. I might forget about separating >> system & world & just backup all the binpkg's > > FWIW, that's pretty much what I do here (but with all packages together, > not separate @system/@world).  I use FEATURES=binpkg and have a separate > binpkgs partition, then a second partition of the same size that I mkfs > and copy everything from the first one to, every so often. > > Binpkg partition size is now 8 gigs.  3 gigs works if you clean out all > the old binpkgs regularly (eclean), and I ran 4 gigs for awhile, but I > run the kde betas (as of yesterday, 4.8.80 aka 4.9-beta1) and like to > keep plenty of room for the last upstream-stable I had (4.8.3) plus the > last and current betas, and found 4 gig a bit tight for that, so when I > upgraded disks, I doubled the size to 8 gigs, tho 6 probably would have > done as well.
> -- > Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs. > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- > and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman > >
I got FEATURES=buildpkg already, and run eclean regularly, and planning to back up to 8G USB drive, so should work. I only have the 1 drive. My case doesn't have enough power plugs for more than 1. :( so no raid for me. (No rich enough for a better 1)

Subject Author
[gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge system set list Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>