From: Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 64-bit or 32-bit?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:29:16
1 On Wednesday 29 March 2006 16:35, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
3 > > Yes nice. But what does it do ? It compile things ? Just tarball ?
4 > > I searched do about it, read man, read help and I still can't find
5 > > exactly what it do. I didn't get time to look the code
6 >
7 > It takes a x86 stage3 (which you have to download before) and a portage
8 > snapshot if you want it to, does all the necessary work to properly set
9 > up the 32bit chroot, compiles the packages you told it to, clears up
10 > everything, checks links for being correct and then packs everything
11 > into a tarball. So you end up with a tarball that looks almost exactly
12 > like the ones we use for app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-*.
13 If I already have a 32-bit chroot set up, how would I go about creating emul-
14 or -bin packages from this chroot?
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list