From: Sean <rsh.lists@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-Amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] i386 vs amd64
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:08:17
1 I have a dual opteron here and I am thinking of putting Gentoo on it. I
2 am trying to decide to go with either the amd64 or i386 version.
3
4 From looking over the online portage database it does appear that at
5 least openoffice-bin 1.1.5 lists as available and 2.0 in testing for
6 amd64, one of my main apps I use often, beside firefox and thunderbird.
7
8 I have several Loki game titles around, are they able to run on amd64
9 gentoo?
10
11 So I am asking some Gentoo amd64 users, are you happy with the version
12 or would you have gained more with i386?
13 Do most applications work on amd64 or are there some important ones missing?
14
15 I know above is a little broad, but I am just trying to get an idea of
16 the state of amd64. I have been looking over the list for several days
17 now, but not much traffic.
20 Thanks
21 Sean
22 --