From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Eterm very very slow
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:46:28
1 Michel Merinoff, mused, then expounded:
2 > Andrea wrote:
3 > > Hi at all
4 > > I have just finished to install gentoo-amd64 with fluxbox and I have a strange problem with Eterm: it is very very slow, 6 seconds to load! Almost 3 sec to load the window and 3 more to load "name@host ~ $ " in the window.
5 > >
6 > > I have this problem only with eterm, all system are fast and good.
7 > > I unmerged eterm to install aterm, but I prefere the first...
8 > >
9 > > I tried also :
10 > > USE="minimal" emerge eterm
11 > > but the problem persists.
12 > >
13 > > In /etc/make.conf, USE flags are:
14 > > USE="unicode nvidia xvmc -gnome -kde"
15 > >
16 > > How can I resolve?
17 > > Thanks.
18 > > Bye.
19 > >
20 > I can just say, I have the same problem at work, and I switched to
21 > another term. Which is sad.
24 I had the same problem at one time when I set up utf8 per the instructions one finds at -
25
26 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Make_your_system_use_unicode/utf-8
27 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml
28 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=166984&
29
30 But I ceased doing that for my login area and eterm is working fine now. But that's the only
31 reason I know of as Eterm doesn't support utf8.
32
33 Bob
34 -
35 --