From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] VIM: No tags file
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 08:06:19
1 Until about a month ago :help worked fine in vim, however now it gives:
2 E433: No tags file
3 E149: Sorry, no help for help.txt
4
5 Initially I thought it was because I set -doc in USE, but vim does not
6 use this use flag.
7 Searching for this particular error produces loads of pages due to
8 "tags file" matching lots of comments about vim.
9
10 I eventually found (from the VIM FAQ) that there should be a
11 $RUNTIME/doc directory,
12 which isn't present, despite putting "doc" in package.use for VIM, and
13 upgrading it TODAY.
14
15 I 'fixed' it by
16 # ebuild /usr/portage/app-editors/vim/vim-7.0.174.ebuild unpack
17 # cd /var/tmp/portage/app-editors/vim-7.0.174/work
18 (after some stuffing around with the Makefile and grep)
19 # mv -v runtime/doc /usr/share/vim/vim70
20
21 and :help now works.
22
23 So, why isn't emerge putting the doc directory in place?
24
25 I've been reading the Makefile but I've not noticed any USE flag
26 control (not that I understand how USE flags control the build).
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list