From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdepimlibs requiring -kdeprefix?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 15:10:30
1 2009/1/7 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >
4 >> with kdeprefix everything lands in /usr/kde/<version> which is cool and
5 >> usefull
6 >>
7 >> without kdeprefix everything ends in /usr which is stupid and hurts you if you
8 >> want to try different kde versions - or have several versions installed so you
9 >> can always go back easily when the newest one breaks. But it is FHS compliant.
10 >>
11 >> At the beginning gentoo was 'screw stupid standards, do the sensible thing' -
12 >> but in the mean time the 'if there is a standard we have to adhere to it no
13 >> matter how idiotic' crowd has got way to much power.
14 >>
15 >> So k9copy wants the flag set in a special way and depends on kdepimlibs. Thank
16 >> the devs for the mess.
20 > So, in other words, I HAVE to set this USE flag for kdepimlibs? Why
21 > would k9copy be dependent on that?
22 >
23 well, generally kdeprefix is always good for any kde version,
24 especially for 4.x ones.
25 -kdeprefix means that that specific package tries to install inside
26 /usr instead of /usr/kde/prefix
27 and so it cannot find the needed versions. what you can do is modify
28 the ebuild to use
29 kdeprefix itself, since a package depending on kde4 not using
30 kdeprefix is quite broken.
31 compile it and it should work, then post a bug report with the new
32 ebuild so that the
33 maintaners of that package would fix it in portage too.
36 dott. ing. beso