From: "José Luis Pedrosa" <jlpedrosa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] /dev/hda1 won't mount from grub
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:27:12
1 I had the same problem on mi computer when i installed ANY 64bit OS
2
3 In my case it was: when you boot from a CD (any bootable 64bitOS), the bios
4 maps the hard drives in diferent order when you boot from your hd.
5
6 When i boot from CD mi SATA for the grub is hd1 (hd1,0) for kernet partition
7 BUT when i boot from the hd the SATA is (hd0,0). Don't ask me why, but it
8 happened to my on win64 & gentooamd64 but not on win32, so copy your boot
9 configuration in grub.conf and make 3 boot options one with hd0, hd1, hd2...
10
11 I World bet one of those will start
12
13 I have an MSI, with Nforce3 Ultra chipset, Bios 1.c or something like that.
14
15 Hope helpful, write back if you need help.
22 -----Mensaje original-----
23 De: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.net]
24 Enviado el: sábado, 11 de marzo de 2006 2:58
25 Para: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
26 Asunto: Re: [gentoo-amd64] /dev/hda1 won't mount from grub
27
28 On Friday 10 March 2006 07:13, "Gavin" <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>