From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: Re: k3b not creating bootable cd
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:23:18
Gavin Seddon posted <1134402754.10988.44.camel@linuxstation>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:52:34 +0000:

> Hi > I just attempted to burn an is for Gentoo for the pc here but after it > read in the iso the start button didn't appear. I looked in setup>devices > and none were listed. Also, when preparing the image for 'iso cue toc' it > is using mkisofs not cdrecord. Is this correct for a cd image?
mkisofs is short for make-ISO-filesystem, ISO9660 being the spec used for the file system on CDs, so yes, mkisofs is correct when creating the image. You may have to run the configuration applet (k3bsetup, IIRC, it will require root access) and change the configuration to point to the right devices, plus possibly changing permissions. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list