From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to play flac files?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:37:13
1 On Thursday 05 October 2006 05:16, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 18:32 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 04 October 2006 18:25, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
4 > > > My mail reader shows Patric's
5 > > > original email to be a sub-thread of a previous email with a different
6 > > > subject, but I would say that this is a bug in Evolution, not that
7 > > > hijacking has occurred.
8 > >
9 > > Huh? It shows as a subthread because of this header:
10 > > > References: <200610030946.31015.gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
11 > > > <200610031443.37094.bss03@××××××××××.net>
12 > >
13 > > Not because of the Subject header...
14 >
15 > I don't know about you, but I don't look at headers like References. So,
16 > if the subject differ and the mailer says one is a reply to the other, I
17 > consider that a bug.
18 >
19 > ---- Vladimir
20
21 no, it is the correct behaviour.
22
23 The subject is not a good way to determine, that a mail belong in a thread or
24 not. RE, Re [RE], {AW}. is only one thing that changes in the subject.
25
26 Looking at the header is 'the standard', a mailer not doing it is inherently
27 broken.
28
29 And taking over threads, because you are too lazy to click on 'new mail' is
30 even more broken.
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list