From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] modular xorg-x11 major issues with cpu usagea nd screen refreshing
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 04:58:52
1 On 4/16/06, Kyle Lutze <kyle@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > When running any program, such as thunderbird, x-chat, firefox, etc.
3 > when I move the window, scroll, or anything of the like it refreshes
4 > from top to bottom, and takes up to 2 seconds to refresh the whole
5 > window. if a new line shows up in x-chat, it redraws line after line of
6 > text from top to bottom, hard as hell to read in #gentoo. I can't figure
7 > it out.
8
9 Sounds like you've got problems running Composite.
10
11 > Option "RenderAccel" "false"
12
13 For performance this should be "true". Why do you set it to false?
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list