From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] WTF did I do?
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:35:00
1 Sebastian Redl wrote:
2 > Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> Which is exactly what I did. I had assumed that since the profile was
4 >> there (and I run the stable branch for almost everything) that is was
5 >> 'stable' and released. I'll know to double check that next time.
6 > The stable/testing distinction only applies to what is actually
7 > installed, not to what is in the portage tree. You'll still get ebuilds
8 > for testing packages, too.
9 >
10 > Sebastian Redl
11
12 I am aware of that, however I would have expected the same behaviour
13 from the profiles as well. Apparently that's not the case. I'm going
14 to chalk this up to bad (or good) timing since that profile was listed
15 on the day I thought to check and see if a new profile was available.
20 Ita erat quando hic adveni.
21
22 Mark Haney
23 Sr. Systems Administrator