From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: nvidia-kernel doesn't emerge: thinks I have rivafb on my kernel.
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:50:21
1 On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:56, Duncan wrote:
2 > Harm Geerts posted <200602072132.10945.harmgeerts@××××.nl>, excerpted
3 >
4 > below, on Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:32:10 +0100:
5 > > Oops, wrong list.
6 > > Obviously where I said x86 it should be amd64 :)
7 >
8 > Wow! Thanks for the clarification! I was /totally/ lost for a moment, as
9 > I simply couldn't follow your "assume you are running ~x86" thought
10 > process /at/ /all/! =8^)
11 At the time I was writing the reply I *thought* it was going to gentoo-user.
12 Assuming someone is running x86 has a bigger chance of success there :-)
13
14 > I'm very relieved to see it wasn't me going bonkers after all! It can be
15 > pretty distressing when words that normally have meaning, in a sentence
16 > structure that still has meaning, from a poster that usually knows what
17 > he's talking about, suddenly fails to make any sense /whatsoever/.
18 I'm just playing mind tricks, gotta keep those senses active.
19
20 > Sometimes, there's a similar effect when I doze off at the computer and
21 > drift between dreaming and awake, and stuff from the dreams enters the
22 > semi-waking state and I realize it doesn't make sense but can't exactly
23 > say why... until I wake up. Actually, there have been a couple times
24 > I didn't realize something couldn't have /actually/ happened the way I
25 > /thought/ I remembered it, until later. Only I checked myself and I
26 > didn't /think/ I was asleep for /this/ one... unless I was dreaming the
27 > entire thing...
28 >
29 > So... yes, it's a BIG relief to find it wasn't me, and actually make sense
30 > of things again! You had me *VERY* mixed up, for a few moments.
31 It's my pleasure, I'm sure you'll be able to return the favor to me some
32 day ;-)
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list