From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Xorg-server-1.14.1.901 Fails Emerge
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:04:24
1 On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 03:25:29 -0400
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > But, I then installed gcc-4.7.3 in a different slot and tried again to compile.
6 > This also failed but the error seems to be a bit different:
7 >
8 > common/.libs/libcommon.a(xf86Events.o): In function `xf86Wakeup':
9 > xf86Events.c:(.text+0xf14): undefined reference to `xf86platformVTProbe'
10 > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
11 > make[4]: *** [Xorg] Error 1
14 Possibly this problem relates to the fact that I do not use udev.
15
16 Here is a link that possibly explains this error:
17
18 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/35490
21 Examining the Gentoo xorg-server source that is used for this build,
22 I do not see that this patch has been applied. Most likely this causes
23 the error.
24
25 I will have report this to the Gentoo bug list.
26
27 I would also like to manually apply the patch and then recompile
28 but I am not sure how to rebuild the digest with a new source.
29
30 Frank Peters