From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa Problem With Kernel 2.6.37[Solved]
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 02:06:09
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:28:17 -0500
Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:

> > The problem, as far as I can determine, is that the usual sound devices > are not being detected. >
The problem has been solved. When I compiled the new 2.6.27 kernel, the CONFIG_SND_DYNAMIC_MINORS option was set [=yes]. Unless one is using udev, which I am not, this option should be unset [=no], otherwise alsa will try to dynamically create the device. Somehow, I must have overlooked the setting of this option and it caused the problem. Anyway, thanks again to all those who responded. Frank Peters