From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: multicore strange issue
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 08:33:36
1 Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> posted
2 d257c3560806040034n1b0e28bes90044be3b316ee02@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 04 Jun 2008 07:34:09 +0000:
4
5 > the make modules_install && make install would put the right stuff in
6 > the right place, but when restarting the kernel image read was the old
7 > one (the one without smp support) and so the different executable file
8 > format errror, using the new smp modules and the old single-core kernel
9 > image. i'm really feeling really stupid for not having noticed this
10 > earlier, but maybe since the issue got out at about 23.00 after a full
11 > day of work maybe it's plausible. thanks to all of you who have answered
12 > to my question.
13
14 Don't worry about it. I'm sure most of us eventually hit that or a
15 similar modules/kernel mismatch error. I know I've seen it when I boot
16 my rootbak partition (on which I keep a backup system image, from a time
17 it was known to be generally working) and the kernel in /boot is newer
18 than the modules on rootbak, one of the reasons I recognized it.
19
20 > ps. duncan, when you've got some spare time could you please post the
21 > scripts for the kernel automation build if it's not bothersome. thanks
22 > again.
23
24 I have it on my list for this weekend if not earlier. If I haven't
25 posted anything by Sunday, poke me. =8^)
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list