From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] How can I capture enough debug info to make a good bug report?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:22:35
1 Hi,
2 On a subscriber web site I am seeing a consistent problem with both
3 Firefox & Firefox-bin. When I click a specific link the browser
4 crashes with a seg fault:
5
6 mark@lightning ~ $ firefox-bin
7 No running windows found
8 /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6108 Segmentation fault
9 $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
10 firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
11 mark@lightning ~ $ firefox
12 No running windows found
13 Removing /home/mark/.mozilla/firefox/ipm4osof.default/compreg.dat
14 leftover from older firefox
15 /usr/libexec/mozilla-launcher: line 119: 6149 Segmentation fault
16 $(type -P aoss) "$mozbin" "$@"
17 firefox-bin exited with non-zero status (139)
18 mark@lightning ~ $
19
20 Note that I see Firefox crashing on my Windows Vista box also, but
21 Internet Explorer does not, so this doesn't seem to me to be a Linux
22 issue specifically.
23
24 How can I get enough info to pass along to someone and have it be useful?
25
26 Thanks,
27 Mark
28 --