From: Rodolphe Rocca <fake2@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] PulseAudio, multilib, emul-linux-x86-soundlibs
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:02:22
1 Hi,
2
3 I don't know if it's been discussed before so I don't open a bug right now.
4
5 The emul-linux-x86-soundlibs package (version 10.0-r1) comes with basic
6 alsa libraries.
7 However, some 32 bits applications using alsa may need 32 bits alsa plugins.
8 This is especially true in my case where :
9 - I _need_ to use 32 bits skype (corporate decision I cannot discuss
10 although I would have much to say about)
11 - I _want_ to use the pulseaudio sound server whose 64-bits alsa plugin
12 is delivered with the alsa-plugins package
13
14 I haven't try yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't have sound with my
15 favorite game (enemy-territory) neither.
16
17 Question : is there a strong reason why a 32-bits version of
18 alsa-plugins (that would install plugins in /usr/lib32/alsa-lib) is not
19 included in emul-linux-x86-soundlibs ?
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list