From: Mario A Wojcik <mariowojcik@×××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Problems with Serial ATA disc
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 01:47:38
1 Hello.
2 Sorry by my english!
3 I am trying to install gentoo from stage1, and when initiating my
4 equipment, amd64 with mother asus, chipset via and serial ATA disc
5 western digital of 80gb, profit not to do fdisk because I do not have
6 /dev/xxx aiming a this.
7 It already reviews everything and profit not to cause that it works.
8 1. - The serial ATA disc Places as in the bios (nonraid)
9 2. - Treatment to use it like scsi, but does not appear to me
10 /dev/sdxx (single /dev/hdd that is the reader)
11 3. - It does not appear /dev/hdx either, because law that podria to
12 take /dev/hde
13 4. - It tries to load by hand module sata_via, but it does not do
14 anything (it must be because already this loaded according to dmesg)
15 5. - it deals with acpi=off with equal result.
16 Chipset is a route vt8251 Some of You podria to help me, really
17 not that but to prove (already the books were burned to me)
20 ========================
21 Wojcik, Mario A.
22 ========================
23 Alquimia Informática