From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: grub and glibc won't build on my new install
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:24:22
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > Man, I'm getting frustrated now. I just went and got the latest stage 3,
3 > and it still fails to install grub with the same problem. I don't really
4 > need the multilib setup, so I suppose I will try to no-multilib profile,
5 > but it is frustrating that this won't work for me. Thanks for the help
6 > Duncan, and I'll post back when I get it all running. This is my first
7 > KVM Gentoo setup...
8
9 No-multilib worked, so long as I used grub-static instead of normal
10 grub. But then grub wouldn't work with my virtio disk. Virtio is marked
11 "experimental" in the kernel, but I figured I would use it since it's
12 supposed to be faster. I might need to rethink that for now, because
13 grub wouldn't install to vda, and didn't seem to think there were any
14 physical disks at all.