From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa device list
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:14:54
1 On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, I've been seeing the following message during bootup for a long
3 > time now, I've searched around, have so far found nothing.
4 >
5 > During the kernel booting up, not openrc, I get:
6 >
7 > Alsa device list
8 >        No soundcards found
9 >
10 > Which is strange and wrong.
11 > I'm using the in-kernel drivers, alsa is working without problems.
12 > Its just an irritating message...
13 >
14 > Any ideas?
15 >
16 > Tom
17
18 Not enough info really.
19
20 1) Are there sound cards in the system? (lspci)
21
22 2) When you say you are using the in-kernel drivers, have you built
23 them as modules (good) or built them into the kernel. (possibly not
24 good)
25
26 3) If they are modules, are they loaded? (lsmod)
27
28 4) What does the kernel tell you? (cat /proc/asound/cards)
29
30 6) What happens with /etc/init.d/alsasound restart?
31
32 Post back that much and we'll see if we can make some headway...
33
34 - Mark