From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:08:27
1 Hi all,
2 I've never used VMware but someone suggested I try their VMware
3 Player app. Looking around I ran across info on the workstation
4 version here:
5
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_VMware
7
8 but nothing yet on the Player app. Is anyone using the Player? Does
9 any of this work on the 64-bit platform or do I need to run all of
10 this chroot'ed?
11
12 Since VMware is a retail app I assume all the WIKI is showing is
13 how to get the workstation set up and that I'd have to have a license
14 to actually use it? Or is this not the case? I didn't spot any
15 comments about entering license numbers, etc., and never having used
16 VMware I wouldn't really know what to look for anyway.
17
18 Thanks in advance,
19 Mark
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list