From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] VMware Player on Gentoo question
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:08:27
Hi all,
   I've never used VMware but someone suggested I try their VMware
Player app. Looking around I ran across info on the workstation
version here:

but nothing yet on the Player app. Is anyone using the Player? Does
any of this work on the 64-bit platform or do I need to run all of
this chroot'ed?

   Since VMware is a retail app I assume all the WIKI is showing is
how to get the workstation set up and that I'd have to have a license
to actually use it? Or is this not the case? I didn't spot any
comments about entering license numbers, etc., and never having used
VMware I wouldn't really know what to look for anyway.

Thanks in advance,