From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] complete crash with ondemand scheduler
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:30:52
1 don't start thinking that everything that happen and breaks your pc is a
2 bug... first you have to be sure about you hw compatibility, about your type
3 of packages that have installed, about the toolchain that you're using ecc
4 ecc... first i was thinking that that problem could be due to wrong
5 ati-driver compilation, but as you can see that was a acpi-bios problem.
6 so if you experience problems with acpi you should check if acpi is ok
7 following this wiki:
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Fix_Common_ACPI_Problems
9
10 and for amd users, i suggest not using the ondemand governor cause it uses
11 the cpu in a very bad way. use conservative one or userspace with powernowd
12 or powerthend (the last one on my systems gave a better efficiency).
13