From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 3200+ -> X2 4000+
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:07:02
1 On Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2007, Fernando Boaglio wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I bought a new X2 4000 processor and I have 2 questions:
5 >
6 > -- can I use the same cooler (my processor uses the deprecated Socket 939)
7 > ?
8
9 no. Btw, the if you buy 'the real thing' the dual cores come with a nice
10 self-regulating cooler. And this boxed cpus are not much more expensive than
11 a single cpu.
14 > -- should I change a lot of attributes in my kernel .config file?
15
16 enable smp. The rest should be fine. You can but don't have to enable
17 multicore support. Don't enable numa. Have acpi enabled.
18 --
19 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list