From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How does gcc find a library?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 21:33:49
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> posted
2 5bdc1c8b0905171336g1442310fh5d807274bc2d1b06@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Sun, 17 May 2009 13:36:17 -0700:
4
5 > I found that the inclusion of the libhdhomerun stuff could be
6 > accomplished in the makefile by changing the CFLAGS line to include it::
7 >
8 > CFLAGS += -I libhdhomerun -O2 -DHDHR
9
10 FWIW, while -I libhdhomerun (with the space) works, gcc encourages
11 omitting the space, just to avoid ambiguity, so -Ilibhdhomerun .
12
13 > This still leaves me with a few problems so it's now a matter of
14 > waiting on the developer.
15
16 Frustrating but not particularly surprising. Where there's one problem
17 causing the build not to succeed, there's often more. It's enough to
18 make one wish they really knew what they were doing, sometimes, the
19 better to fix it themselves. =:^P
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman