From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:04:05
1 Dear memebers,
2 i am not a linux guru. I have been using linux only for couple years
3 now. I personally like it a lot but i am still trying to learn more
4 about it. So if my answer was wrong then i sincerely apologize. Please
5 don't think that Gentoo has a bad support because of my wrong answer.
6 Honestly i am using Gentoo because i can get answers for my questions
7 from these mailing lists.
8 Also i have an amd 64 gateway laptop. When i installed Gentoo on it
9 i had to install some software packages for my personal use. One of
10 them was Anjuta (i remember). It was a big package(lot of
11 dependencies) and there were other 2 packages which i was emerging at
12 the same time. I have to admit at that time i had a similar situation.
13 My mouse was almost not moving. But there are many variables involved
14 in that situation. So i am not sure if my conclusion that whenever one
15 emerges more then one package at the same time computer slows down is
16 absolutely correct. Also i will be very happy to learn something new
17 from this thread.
18
19 Thanks.
20