From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Processor Temprature
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 17:39:31
1 On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 02:15:47PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > I have started using the athlon cool and quiet facility with cpudyn. However,
3 > ksensors show that the processor speed reduced from 2200 to 10000 during low
4 > activity but the processor temprature remains at 40 degree C.
5 > I was expecting this to reduce. Is this temp normal?
6 > For anybody who has an Athlon 64 3500 - What temps are you showing.
7
8 I run an Athlon 64 3400 with cool and queit, my processor slows down to
9 800MHz while idle and the temp is around 32C. Under full load it gets
10 to 38C ~ 42C depending on room temperature. IIRC when I first built this
11 rig, I had a similar problem where the CPU never cooled down. After a
12 bit of research I determined I may have used too much thermal paste
13 between the CPU and heat sink. After removing the old paste and
14 reapplying a very very thin coat my system seems to run cooler. In the
15 dead of winter I have seen the CPU idle as low as 28C (mind you my
16 ambient room temp in the winter is about 17C).
17 --
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list