From: Jan Jitse Venselaar <janjitse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:44:31
1 On Wednesday 19 July 2006 09:19, PaulNM wrote:
2 >
3 > For posterity, since my AMD64X2 was not on earlier:
6 > Optimus ~ # emerge -p openoffice
7 >
8 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 >
10 > Calculating dependencies
11 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "openoffice" have been masked.
12 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
13 > request:
14 > - app-office/openoffice-2.0.3 (masked by: package.mask, -amd64 keyword)
15 > # 2005/10/24 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
16 > # Don't even try to compile openoffice-2.x, it won't work.
19 > For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
20 > refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
24 > PaulNM
25 If you really want a 64-bit openoffice you can try geki's overlay (
26 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-195406.html ). Be warned though, you
27 will need Java 1.6 (available from the java-migration-packages overlay), a
28 lot of free disk space in /var/tmp/portage, a lot of patience and some luck.
29 Also, there are still some problems, it still crashes on me now and then.
30
31 Jan Jitse