From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2.6.18 kernel
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:58:43
1 On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:23, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Is it just me or is the .18 kernel slow in getting unmasked? I don't
3 > recall any other releases taking as long to be marked stable, but then I
4 > haven't been quite as anxious to test a new kernel as I have been for
5 > .18. I'm sure people are running it, so I ask, how is it? Has it been
6 > stable or is it not quite ready for us 'less than hardcore' testers?
9 it 'works for me'. That does not say much, because other people might use
10 their box different, less typing than me, more downloading or stuff
11 enconding...
12
13 but so far, 2.6.18 behaved civilised. No problems.
14
15 Again, for me - other people might have survived the occasional horror story.
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list