From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] e2fsprogs-libs liblkid.so.1 broken system
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 00:47:12
1 2 days ago I did
2 emerge --sync
3 emerge -aDuv system
4
5 which blocked on (I'm going from memory here, my system is down &
6 unbootable except off CD):
7 sys-libs/ss
8 sys-libs/ something else
9 something/e2fsprogs-libs
10
11 I have auto packages built for everything, so figured it was safe to
12 emerge -C the 3 offending packages.
13 I did that & found all of them are critical.
14 I then restored the first 2 from package with any problem.
15
16 However I have no package for esfsprogs-libs & emerge --sysnc & much
17 else in portage does not work.
18 In particular mount & some other critical tools are non-functional.
19 One particular critical missing library is liblkid.so.1, which I
20 believe is part of e2fsprogs-libs
21
22 Note e2fsprogs-libs is blocking a later version of itself.
23
24 I booted off the live CD, did all the bits up to chrooting, however
25 after chrooting I can't emerge --sync, can't mount, can't resove DNS
26 names, etc,
27 so I'm stuffed. So I need to fix my system before chrooting to it &
28 I'm at a loss as to what to do.
29
30 I'm familar to manually downloading tar balls & installing from them,
31 however I don't know how to do an emerge --sync
32 without chrooting first.
33
34 Also e2fsprogs-libs tarbal is already downloaded, however portage will
35 not install it, as the 3 offending packages are still blockers.
36 Thats why I want to emerge --sync in the hopes that the dependencies
37 have been made into something rational, as I could see
38 no way around the blockages.
39
40 P.S. there is a step in the installation handbook to
41 cp -L /etc/resolve.conf /mnt/gentoo/etc
42 however I have no resolve.conf. I think this is why I have no DNS
43 after chrooting.
44 My CD is several years old and I have downloaded a 2008.0-r1 minimal ISO.
45 However I'm using a windows XP system with a broken Nero burning S/W
46 and this may take a while to fix.