From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Flash 9?
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:59:22
1 Jan Jitse Venselaar <janjitse@×××××.com> posted
2 200702062229.00884.janjitse@×××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 06 Feb
3 2007 22:28:56 +0100:
4
5 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Sergio Polini wrote:
6 >> Please, how did you set that right path?
7 >> I've read that I should go to Settings -> Configure Konqueror ->
8 >> Plugins, but I can't see any Plugins options (there are: Behavior,
9 >> Appearance, Preview & Meta-Data, File Associations, Web Behavior,
10 >> Java & Javascript, AdBlock Filters, Fonts, Web Shortcuts, History
11 >> Sidebar, Cookies, Cache, Proxy, Stylesheets, Crypto, Browser
12 >> Identification, Performance).
13 >>
14 > I don't know, but I just have a plugins settings config section, between
15 > Browser Identification and Performance.
16 > I have kde-base/konq-plugins installed, maybe that gives the config option?
17
18 Hmm... I used to have that config option, but now running KDE 3.5.6 I
19 don't seem to, so I lost it somewhere (I have konq-plugins-3.5.6-r1
20 merged). I won't run flash as it's not freedomware, but I did install
21 gnash, tho I've not had much luck with it. Konqueror sees it apparently,
22 but just blank-pages it on load. I've not tried enough to see if it's just
23 that gnash doesn't handle some of them or if it's not working for me at
24 all, however.
25
26 I /can/ verify that the kmplayer plugin works just fine for files it
27 handles, embedding mplayer.
28
29 Do note that there's a HTML-settings helper tool that allows one to turn
30 on and off plugins/java/scripting/cookies etc temporarily, for a single
31 site. However I got it, I have plugins turned off by default (the way I
32 want it so definitely not arguing with it), but can turn them on with the
33 HTML-settings tool if desired. The first few times I tried sites needing
34 plugins, I forgot about that setting and thought it was a problem with
35 konqueror. However, toggling plugins on in the HTML-settings allowed
36 kmplayer at least to work just fine as a plugin, and gnash to try to load,
37 but as I said it didn't work, at least on the files on the site I was
38 trying it on.
39
40 Hmm, I have kde-base/konq-plugins (as I said) but not kde-base/nsplugins.
41 I bet that's the one that includes the plugins settings dialog!
46 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
49 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list