From: jevezze@××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] boottime
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:26:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I was wondering if someone could help me out here.
4
5 My boottime right now is +- 1 minute but I see alot of blogs and such saying
6 poeple have less then 20 seconds? I've tried things like baselayout 2.0,
7 Openrc and changing RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP to 'yes' instead of 'no' but I can't
8 see any difference. Are there more things I could try?
9
10 Ow and for some reason bootchart doesn't work I placed it in my grub conf but
11 it doesn't show any log and is not stated in my dmesg except in the first to
12 lines where it just copies my grub commands?
13
14 Even 5 or 10 secondes less would be pretty cool :-).