From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Upgrading to Raid
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:01:39
1 > Does anyone have experience with RAID on this Board?
2 > Is the Via or Promise controller better for this?
3 > Is there a good Howto on migrating from a non Raid disk to Raid? I
4 > recall seeing one but can't find it now.
5 > Am I wasting time and money? Should I just do a better job of backup? Is
6 > there a resource on what to backup to allow a fast regeneration (or
7 > duplication) of an existing gentoo system?
8
9 You could also look into Linux Software RAID which I found to be so much
10 better then motherboard dependant hardware raid as both are CPU bound, but
11 there is no hardware costs for the Linux one...
12
13 Also if your motherboard changes the Linux one is much easier to move
14 around.
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list