From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] latest kernel and ndiswrapper
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:30:12
1 I just upgraded to 2.6.22-r8 and when I booted into it (after
2 re-emerging ndiswrapper) I got a hardware error saying it couldn't set
3 the device up (wlan0). I figured something was flaky with ndiswrapper,
4 so I booted back into -r5 and tried loading my wireless again and I got
5 the same error. I've been consistently using my wireless under this
6 kernel for weeks and not had a problem. Is this an ndiswrapper issue?
7 Or a kernel issue with -r8 that's screwed up my wireless?
8
9 I know most of you aren't fans of ndiswrapper, but it's been absolutely
10 rock solid for me and I won't change to the new mac drivers for my
11 broadcom card until I have to.
14 Mark Haney
15 Sr. Systems Administrator
16 ERC Broadband