From: Stefan Vunckx <stefan.vunckx@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Running a command after closing a session Possible?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 22:09:58
1 On Monday 04 September 2006 19:54, Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > Ok, so is there any way to run a command and get it to continue running
3 > after closing the current session? I'd really like to be able to ssh to my
4 > server, run an emerge --update --newuse world on it and then close the
5 > window and be on my way. Any ideas?
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 > -Peter
9
10 Take a look at app-misc/screen ... I use it to connect to my server, start a
11 (console) session, detach from it, and hours later I can re-attach to that
12 session while inside everything is still running as it should.
13
14 stefan
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list