From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] startx fails with backtrace and no errors
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:49:09
1 This is a new system, I've never manged to start X yet at all.
2
3 Initially I had lots of (failed to load module) errors for various
4 modules, & "module ABI major version (1) doesn't match the server's
5 version (4)"
6
7 got rid of all of the "failed to load module" errors & turned the ABI
8 error into a warning via a xorg.conf ServerFlag setting.
9
10 Now that warning is the only thing unusual in the Xorg.0.log file.
11
12 When I do startx, it backtraces. I can't see how to proceed as all
13 googling ABI turned up was "ignore it".