From: Andrey Schwedovitch <schwed@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: [OT] error message
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:05:36
Duncan wrote:

>>" NVRM: Xid: 13, 0000 02005600 00001796 00000c2c 00010001 00000080 " >> >>i think it is error message from either xorg or NVidia module.. >> >> > >Your English isn't bad at all. There are a couple missing modifiers, but >to tell you the truth, my brain filled them in and I didn't notice them at >all until I read that last sentence and went looking! =8^) > >If it's xorg/nvidia, it may well show up in your xorg log: >/var/log/Xorg.0.log, most likely. (Note the capital X.) > >If it shows up there, it should show up with a code beside it, WW, EE, II, >or something, with a legend at the top telling you what each code means >(II=info, EE=error, not always fatal, WW=warning, there are others). This >log is moved to Xorg.0.log.old and a new one started every time you start >X. > >
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log i found : - 3 WW - messages about missing file "fonts.dir" - 1 message about "Open APM failed" - 3 messages about not used params from old ATI card (AGPMode, AGPFastWrite and EnablePageFlip) and NO EE-messages.. but there are 2 other strings : Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved! Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved! and also : when i start, for example, kcontrol my X freezes and in Xorg.0.log appears that error message about NVRM...
>As for the meaning, NVRM, unless NVidia is using it to mean something >else, means Non-Volatile-RAM, usually flash based RAM. This could be the >video card BIOS, or your motherboard BIOS, or perhaps something else >with NVRAM. Beyond that, I don't have much clue. altho once you trace it >to the hardware it's coming from, you might be able to google something on >it. >
i don't know how to apply Non-Volatille-RAM to my trouble with video subsystem..
>Hmm... Just did the google here. It DOES appear to be NVidia related. > >Heres the (long, due to containing that whole string) link to the search >page: > > > >It shows 9 of the 26 hits, the rest are similar to those 9, it says. Good >luck! > >
ok.. i'll try this link at home.. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
[gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: [OT] error message Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>