From: Andrey Schwedovitch <schwed@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: [OT] error message
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 23:05:36
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 >>" NVRM: Xid: 13, 0000 02005600 00001796 00000c2c 00010001 00000080 "
4 >>
5 >>i think it is error message from either xorg or NVidia module..
9 >Your English isn't bad at all. There are a couple missing modifiers, but
10 >to tell you the truth, my brain filled them in and I didn't notice them at
11 >all until I read that last sentence and went looking! =8^)
12 >
13 >If it's xorg/nvidia, it may well show up in your xorg log:
14 >/var/log/Xorg.0.log, most likely. (Note the capital X.)
15 >
16 >If it shows up there, it should show up with a code beside it, WW, EE, II,
17 >or something, with a legend at the top telling you what each code means
18 >(II=info, EE=error, not always fatal, WW=warning, there are others). This
19 >log is moved to Xorg.0.log.old and a new one started every time you start
20 >X.
23 in /var/log/Xorg.0.log i found :
24 - 3 WW - messages about missing file "fonts.dir"
25 - 1 message about "Open APM failed"
26 - 3 messages about not used params from old ATI card (AGPMode,
27 AGPFastWrite and EnablePageFlip)
28 and NO EE-messages..
29
30 but there are 2 other strings :
31 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
32 /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
33 Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
34 /usr/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
35
36 and also : when i start, for example, kcontrol my X freezes and in
37 Xorg.0.log appears that error message about NVRM...
38
39 >As for the meaning, NVRM, unless NVidia is using it to mean something
40 >else, means Non-Volatile-RAM, usually flash based RAM. This could be the
41 >video card BIOS, or your motherboard BIOS, or perhaps something else
42 >with NVRAM. Beyond that, I don't have much clue. altho once you trace it
43 >to the hardware it's coming from, you might be able to google something on
44 >it.
45 >
46 i don't know how to apply Non-Volatille-RAM to my trouble with video
47 subsystem..
48
49 >Hmm... Just did the google here. It DOES appear to be NVidia related.
50 >
51 >Heres the (long, due to containing that whole string) link to the search
52 >page:
53 >
54 >http://www.google.com/search?q=%22nvrm%3A+xid%3A+13+0000+02005600+00001796+00000c2c+00010001+00000080%22
55 >
56 >It shows 9 of the 26 hits, the rest are similar to those 9, it says. Good
57 >luck!
60 ok.. i'll try this link at home..
61 --
62 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list