From: David Pyke <dpyke@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] Correct -march in make.conf
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:26:28
1 -march=k8 is the standard but -march=k8, opteron, athlon64 or, athlon-fx are
2 all synonyms
3
4 http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html
5 #i386-and-x86_002d64-Options
6
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Mark Haney [mailto:mhaney@××××××××××××.org]
9 Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 1:07 PM
10 To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
11 Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Correct -march in make.conf
12
13 I've been using -mcpu since I started using gentoo, but have been noticing
14 the '-mcpu is deprecated etc.' messages when updating. Being the paranoid I
15 am, I'd like to get rid of those, but haven't found the correct option to
16 use for -march. Is it the same as -mcpu? Or what's the correct one for
17 amd64?
21 Ita erat quando hic adveni.
22
23 Mark Haney