From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] chroot emerges hang
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:44:11
Mike Doty wrote:
> Try upgrading pax-utils to app-misc/pax-utils-0.1.11 > > >
Thanks Mike, I solved this just before your email came in. scanelf was having difficulty reading /proc and upon examination I found my fstab had the chroot proc mount bind-ed to /proc rather than mounted as type proc. A dumb mistake - but the interesting thing is that I haven't changed this fstab for months - so perhaps something (2.6.16 kernel?) has got more stricter about handling that sort of error. At least I got to play with strace, peer inside scanelf and pull things apart a bit - one of the beauties of gentoo. Thanks for the reply, Will. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list