From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] .local/share/Trash/
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:34:34
1 Peter Davoust wrote:
2 > I think I've had this problem too, but I don't do too much deleting, so I
3 > don't run into it often. What is your desktop environment? I think KDE holds
4 > trash in a different place than all others, so that's why I ask. You could
5 > place a script in cron.daily that does rm -Rf /home/user/.local/share/Trash/.
6 >
7 > -Peter
10 I probably should have mentioned that I am running KDE. It seems that
11 this is a recurring them for kde > 3.4.0 with Trash not being cleaned up
12 as it should. I guess I'll just run a cron job to manually do it. At
13 least now I know where 40GB of was going on my system.
17 Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.
18
19 Mark Haney
20 Sr. Systems Administrator
21 ERC Broadband