From: Clemente Aguiar <clemente.aguiar@××××××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Trouble installing in server with Fusion-MPT SAS storage controller
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:24:28
1 We have just bought a IBM x3250 server which has a "LSI Logic SAS1064E
2 Fusion-MPT SAS" storage controller.
3
4 I am using Live CD install version 2006.1.
5
6 Standard installation goes fine: recognizes the drives, formats the
7 partitions, installs, no problem, but when I reboot ... the booted
8 system does not seem to recognize the controller.
9
10 I get the following error:
11
12 !! Block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device ...
13 !! The root block device is unspecified or not detected.
14 Please specify a device to boot, or "shell" for a shell ...
15 Boot() ::
16
17 The module that during installation is loaded is "mptsas", but during
18 boot of the system it does not seem to load this module (at least I
19 cannot see it among the other dozen SCSI modules it is tying to load).
20
21 I think ths is a bug, and I have already filed it in bugs.gentoo.org,
22 but in the meantime can anybody give me some suggestion on what to do?
23
24 Clemente
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list