From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] how to track down strange bug
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:48:47
1 As in nothing at all in the log file, or nothing unusual in the log
2 file? Also, how much Ram do you have? Could you try doing ps aux and
3 then copying the 50MB and watching what proceses come up when it
4 crashes? Maybe it's an X issue, because it seems like the gui freezes
5 but the rest doesn't. Does the file eventually copy all the way? Just
6 sort of thinking out loud there.
7
8 -Peter
9