From: Ashok Shah <ashoks@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] M6805 keyboard detection problem
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:18:04
1 Hello
9 I have read quite a bit about the how bitchy eMachines M6805 laptop is. But
10 hey, I got one of that before I read all those comments. I am trying to
11 install Gentoo on my eMachines M6805 laptop. I have tried to install from
12 "install-amd64-universal-2004.3-r1.iso", "install-amd64-minimal-2004.3.iso",
13
14 and minimal version. I am giving the booting option pci=noacpi. It boots
15 perfect, but when I get a prompt I don't have any keyboard working. My
16 laptop keyboard doesnot work. I tried to connect USB keyboard, but that
17 doesnot work either.
25 I am pretty sure the problem is it is not able to enable the USB ports, and
26 the keyboard hardware for the laptop is just too new to find drivers during
27 installation.
35 I have read on the Gentoo install instructions that there is an emachines
36 kernel, but non of the versions that I download
37 ("install-amd64-universal-2004.3-r1.iso",
38
39 "install-amd64-minimal-2004.3.iso", and minimal version) have emachines
40 kernel. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find the
41 Gentoo linux Live CD that has emachines kernel. Or how can I get the
42 keyboard working during the installation.
50 Thanks in advance
58 Ashok.