From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] PORTAGE_NICENESS
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:46:28
1 I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good setting for
2 PORTAGE_NICENESS that would allow some compiles in the background
3 without drastically effecting MythTV? Or is there some better way to
4 do this with other software?
5
6 I've fiddled around with renicing mythfrontend but even going to -15
7 didn't seem to help that much. Seems better to just make the compiles
8 slower and more friendly.
9
10 Note that this seems somewhat worse under the newest -rt kernel -
11 2.6.21.4-rt12-cfs-v17. I may need to back up and see if the previous
12 one I was running was any better.
13
14 Thanks in advance,
15 Mark