From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 3.5.2-r1 emerged Issue!
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:23:50
1 "Christopher E" <sensory.access@×××××.com> posted
2 184c54640605121041h6b12b1e1sab3ec3ac385eae0@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Fri, 12 May 2006 13:41:40 -0400:
4
5 > Any one that has installed KDE 3.5.2-r1 on a AMD64 X11 7, know how I can
6 > fix this issue that I am geting?
7 >
8 > Here it is:
9 > checking for kde-config... /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config
10 > /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config: error while loading shared libraries:
11 > libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
12 > configure: error: /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non
13 > existant prefix '' for kdelibs.
14 > This means it has been moved since you installed it.
15 > This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the
16 > new prefix.
17
18 You hit the infamous libexpat bug!
19
20 You'll need to do a revdep-rebuild. As usual, use -p the first time.
21 There's a /lot/ of stuff that used the old libexpat, so expect the list to
22 be rather long. Here, I use the list generated by revdep-rebuild to
23 emerge --oneshot individual packages, rather than doing the revdep-rebuild
24 without the -p. That way, I control what order and how many are done at a
25 time, and get any upgrades while I'm at it.
26
27 It's possible you can just remerge kdelibs (and maybe arts previous to
28 that, if you use arts) and fix this particular problem, but you'll need to
29 do a revdep-rebuild to have a fully working system eventually, as you
30 probably have quite a few other packages missing libexpat.so.0 as well.
31
32 Also note that the revdep-rebuild included in certain versions of
33 gentoolkit had issues on amd64, due to a double // in a path, and missed
34 a significant number of packages it needed to rebuild as a result. You'll
35 want to ensure you have the latest ~arch version of it, to ensure you have
36 the fix for that issue.
43 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
46 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list