From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Slideshow screensaver with multiple monitors
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 01:05:51
1 Hamie <hamish@××××××××××××××.com> posted
2 200707132228.34394.hamish@××××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Fri, 13
3 Jul 2007 22:28:31 +0100:
4
5 > They're useful to lock the screen. My laptop lives on my desk @ work
6 > during the day. Since I work in a security area the computers have to be
7 > locked when we step away from them.
8 >
9 > Using a screen saver for this is handy, because not only does KDE have a
10 > useful lock button, it also timesout and starts when KDE has bene idle
11 > for a time so if I get distracted it does it for me.
12 >
13 > It also means my screen isn't viewable by passers by if I'm not in front
14 > of it...
15
16 That's what the "blank" screensaver's for! =8^) Set it to activate/lock
17 1 minute before the power turns off, or at the same time.
18
19 However, at least once one switches to LCDs so the energy burn isn't so
20 high, in a public place, yes, a tasteful screensaver can be nice.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list