From: Justin Krejci <jus@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: Burak Serdar <bserdar@××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Video cards
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:57:30
1 On my AMD64 (64-bit gentoo) I have a GeForce4 MX 4000 with 2.6.12 kernel and
2 did not do anything special, just installed the stable nvidia-kernel and
3 nvidia-glx packages from portage. Works great for me.
4
5 On my non 64-bit AMD system i have a GeForce FX 5200 and 2.6.13 kernel with
6 the stable nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx packages from portage. Also works
7 great except that I play games on this machine and the graphics card is a
8 little underpowered for me but that is not due to any Linux issue. I used to
9 have a very high end GeForce4 but it died and I replaced it with this cheapy
10 card.