From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: USB 2.0 falling back to full-speed
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:40:19
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Do you have the USB drivers compiled in or as modules? I know some years
3 > ago, in some cases they'd only work as modules. This was with USB 1.1
4 > hardware, but maybe USB 2.0 has similar issues?
5 >
6 > Anyway, since then I've always compiled them as modules, and haven't had
7 > a problem, other than once when I booted my backup installation which was
8 > outdated and didn't have modules for the current kernel, and I ended up
9 > without keyboard and mouse since those are USB. Fortunately I have the
10 > ACPI power switch detection setup to shut-down, so I was able to do so
11 > gracefully and reboot to a different kernel, but it was certainly
12 > frustrating, as I prefer to compile in all the basics. I've been going
13 > to test a newer kernel with the drivers compiled in, but so far haven't
14 > gotten the appropriate round tuit... =:^(
17 They're compiled-in, I have module support disabled for this kernel.
18 I've had some Google hit suggesting that a similar problem was solved by
20 message, but given also your input it is worth a try.
21
22 raf