From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge failures for libgsf & intltool
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:14:12
1 On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 03:16:29PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
2 > Both of the above update emerges failed with the same error:
3 > For libgsf:-
4 > checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
5 > required for intltool
6 > For intitool
7 > checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
8 > required for intltool
9 >
10 > How do I install a perl XML parser? Where is it located?
11 > Thanks for any help
12 > Paul
13
14 emerge -av1 XML-Parser
15
16 I the last update I had several failures due to perl packages missing,
17 they weren't actually missing, just in incorrect perl version and needed
18 remerging...
19
20 Is there something along the lines of python-updater for perl?
21
22 I just remerged the perl packages everytime something complained
23 (wasn't that much), usually replace :: with - to get the package name ;)
24
25 I was a bit more lucky, as the packages that failed for me didn't check
26 for the modules in configure, but just failed somewhere in the build
27 with a "XXXX not found" message, so I just ran qfile `locate XXXX` to
28 get the package...
31 yoyo
34 _
35 |